Here in the Flower Garden we like to bake. We often use ingredients from the garden, but in this case we were looking for things we could make with the already large pile of Easter eggs that are collecting in the corner.
We shared this recipe with the lovely Adam from Curly Kale Design and then it hit me, why not share it with you all? If you love chocolate, and like muffins, then this is the baking experience for you. What’s more it’s really easy and is Helen proof which means everyone should manage it.
Triple Chocolate Muffins
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25-30 mins
Oven temp: 200c (I usually bring this down and cook them for longer as my oven tends to cremate the outside and leave the middle uncooked at this temp)
300g plain chocolate, chopped
50g unsalted butter, melted
375g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
50g cocoa powder
100g caster sugar
50g white chocolate buttons
1. Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Melt 175g of the plain chocolate and stir into the melted butter
2. Beat together the egg and milk and slowly beat this mixture into the melted chocolate
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl. Stir in the sugar
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, then add the remaining chopped chocolate and the chocolate buttons
5. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the ingredients together until just combined. Divide the mixture into the paper cases. Bake until well risen and just firm. Serve warm or cold
Recipe taken from Cooking Basics, Hamlyn p. 248
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.